“Engagement and Retention is the Key“
On May 17th, I had the privilege to to be the keynote speaker at the 4th Pittsburgh Leadership Forum hosted by velocityHUB at the Cambria hotel.
For this quarter’s Leadership Forum, we asked a simple question: Is there another way to the so called “Talent War”?
Short Answer: Drive Retention and Engagement First!
As now the norm at the Forum, we had a very insightful conversation with the audience. Here’s what we covered:
- When did the “Talent War” began and why?
- What kind of behaviors and consequences emerged from that era?
- What can we do to Engage and Retain talent? It’s all about the employee journey and experience:
- 1st Call with me…
- My first day…
- Along the way…
- What kind of impact “Engagement and Retention” has?
- $30k to $50k in recruiting costs
- $300k of lost opportunity/productivity through the replacement process…
Looking forward to your comments!
Valerry Mannarino, VP Training and Coaching, velocityHUB